UmQusai's Thoughts ..

Thursday, October 27, 2005

If this is his ideology, I am not reading his books!!

Few months back, I gave my cousin a book to read .. I like to see what he thinks on books because we have two different ways of thinking .. Any way, the book I gave him was"ree7 ilJana" - you can go back to read my review on it-.

After reading it, he didn't like the book as much as I did. He thought the writer made fun of Islam or tried to give it a bad image. While, I saw the exact opposite, I loved the book for it explaining how can a person misuse Islam.

While discussing the book, he told me that Turki Al-Hamed is 3almani (secular). It was like I was stabbed (and this happens for anything I love), and started being defensive and telling him that cannot be true because he has books talking about religion and politics. I couldn't believe it, and had to check it myself .. anyway I tried gooling him and I found this
Turki, being a liberal. I still don't believe it, being a liberal doesn't mean he is 3almani!!

Anyway, khaleekum min almuqadima, what I am trying to question here .. Does a writer's ideology or beliefs affect your decision whether to read it or not?
personally, the more I think about it .. I think it shouldn't .. Ok, I agree that you have to put in mind to which stream this person belongs to in order to question the authnacity of the book and how accurate the information presented .. But it shouldn't affect whether you should read the book or not.

What do you guys say?

Labels:


Posted by Arabian Princess :: 12:56 PM :: 5 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------