UmQusai's Thoughts ..

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

An enemy to my memories!!

Today, was such a stressful day. My dearest Aunt was told that Cancer has started taking control of her body. Since I heard the news, and my hands are shaking with worry .. I cant picture her weak for long, and not being part of our life like she used to be.

I started feeling as if Cancer is an enemy that is fighting every memory I have of her. Memory of her continuous worry of what I will be wearing for Eid in Ibra. Memories of me calling her asking her to make a special dress for my friend, me talking to her about the old days in Oman and making her paint for me the life back then. She is the strongest link to my tradition. She engraved in my heart the love of my little town.

I am trying to be strong infront of her, acting as everything is fine .. but knowing her, she wouldn't let it happen. She likes to know everything about her condition even if she doesn't understand it! I hate to see her suffering from emotional pain in addition to the physical pain she is bearing now.

I wish there is something that I can do to fight this strong cunning enemy. Just months back, the doctors were saying that she is responding well to chemo. But cancer wouldn't let this happen, it started to spread secretly in her body. Now I have the faith that Allah will bring her what's best, but us being weak humans we cant just accept that close people to our heart are suffering.

May Allah cure her .. Amen

أذهب البأس رب الناس أشف أنت الشافي .. لا شفاء إلا شفائك .. شفاء لا يغادر سقماً

Labels:


Posted by Arabian Princess :: 10:21 PM :: 14 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------