UmQusai's Thoughts ..

Thursday, January 26, 2006

We lost a Jewel

Sadly, on Monday afternoon we lost my dearest Aunt. She submitted her soul to Allah after a year's struggle with cancer. Her death didn't affect one family, it affected the whole town. She was called "um al fuqra - the poor people's mother".
When I received a message from mom, telling me to rush to hospital, I didn't imagine it to happen. I was rushing but I was sure I will see her. I didn't realize that death could be faster then me until I received another message from my cousin telling me she passed away. Unfortunately, I wasn't in the hospital yet. When I reached there, and saw the shock & sadness in they eyes of my uncles is when I realized it really happened. I entered her room and she was covered, I felt I should wake her up from her sleep, I should do something because she is not really dead .. but it was Allah's wish to take her life on that afternoon.

She lived an amazing life alhamdulilah, filled with good deeds. She was separated from her mother at the age of 8 to live in her father's town, married off to an old man at the age of 12 and bearing a number of children where non lived but one boy.
Being in Oman in its early years of development, she refused to stay as an uneducated women. She started taking evening classes and stopped at grade 10. I still remmber clearly when few years back she was trying to read an English story book. I was really amazed how my aunt could really read English even if it wasn't fluent!

She always insisted to take part in developing women in Ibra. She was the first President of Ibra Women association and it was one of the most active associations in Oman. I don't know of any woman or girl who didn't call her by "Khalti - Aunt".
There is no poor family in Ibra who didn't benefit from her continuous search for people to donate money.

Like I said, she wouldn't be missed by her family but the whole town .. she was the mother of everyone there.


Things I would really miss from her:
- Her empty messages, she doesn't know how to use the phone well so she would mistakenly send me empty messages since my name is on the top of her phone list.
- Hearing about the town's stories. She would be the only one who would give us the town's news since she lives there. It was always interesting since she will add her funny comments to the story.
-Her scolding when we do something she doesn't approve of.

If I tried listing everything I would miss I wouldn't end this post .. I just want to say that she would live in the soul of everyone until Inshallah we meen in the Paradise. Ameen.

اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لَهُا وارْحَمْهُا وعافِهِا واعفُ عنْهُا وأكرمْ نُزُلها ، ووسِّع مُدْخلَهُا ، واغسلهُا بالمَاءِ والثَّلْجِ والبَرَدِ ونَقِّهِا من الخطَايا كَمَا نَقَّيْتَ الثَّوبَ الأَبيضَ من الدَّنَسِ ، وأَبْدلهُا داراً خيراً من دارهِا ، وأهلاً خيراً من أهلها وزوجاً خيراً من زوجهِا وأَدْخِلْهُا الجَنَّةَ وأعِذْها من عَذَاب القَبْر

Labels:


Posted by Arabian Princess :: 5:57 PM :: 14 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------